Have you ever had one of those mornings when you open your wardrobe, stare blankly into its depths, and feel any inspiration you once had to power dress like your favourite TV character slowly ebb away? Yep, we feel you.
However, the internet is a hotbed of inspiration. Data crunching from fashion search platform Lyst and visual search engine Pinterest has revealed the most searched-for on-screen fashion icons.
Compiling search terms from 306 million monthly users, the platforms have put together an 11-strong list of the most influential TV characters in fashion.
And it turns out, the world just wants to be a bit more Villanelle. Killing Eve anti-hero tops the list.
Jodie Comer's Villanelle first charmed audiences when she pranced through Paris in an iconic pink tulle Molly Goddard dress. Since then, the Russian hit-woman has become something of a style icon, gracing the pages of Vogue, donning comic book pyjamas in series 2 and sparking a 1060 percent increase in searches, year on year.
And it seems Cromer isn’t our only on-screen style inspiration.
The list goes on to reveal Netflix’s reboot of the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina has elevated the oh-so-fashionable Sabrina Spellman to fashionista status. Renata Klein (Big Little Lies), Jane Villanueva (Jane the Virgin), and Queer Eye’s Tan France and his now-famous ‘French tuck’ all found a place in our hearts.
Stranger Things’s Eleven even slid onto the list, coming in at, you guessed it, number 11.
So whether you want to channel Eric Effng from Sex Education or you’re more of a Fleabag type of dresser, the internet really is a treasure trove of fashion inspiration.
You can find the full list of TV characters below:
1. Villanelle from Killing Eve
2. Sabrina Spellman from Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
3. Renata Klein from Big Little Lies
4. Jane Villanueva from Jane the Virgin
5. Tan France from Queer Eye
6. Veronica Lodge from Riverdale
7. Fleabag from Fleabag
8. Eric Effoing from Sex Education
9. Zoey Johnson from Grown-ish
10. Ava Jalali from Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists
11. Eleven from Stranger Things
- Rather conduct your own visual research? Discover our pick of the best Netflix shows.