1 tbsp oil; 1 onion, peeled and chopped finely; 1 clove garlic, chopped finely; 350g cooked leftover British turkey, chopped; 300g cooked potatoes, cubed; 150g peas, cooked; 2 small carrots, cooked cut into small pieces; 2 tbsp chopped tarragon; 1 pint thick gravy, any will do; 1 x 375g ready rolled shortcrust pastry sheet; beaten egg
1. Pre heat the oven to 200°C gas 6.
2. Heat the oil and add the onions and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the turkey, potatoes, peas, carrots, tarragon and gravy and mix.
4. Spoon into a large, deep oval dish.
5. Egg the top of the baking dish, then lay the pastry over, press down well and decorate the edges by scoring with a knife.
6. Egg wash well, then make 2-3 slits in the top of the pastry. Bake for 35 minutes.
7. Serve with pickled red cabbage and pickled walnuts.
Preparation time:- 20 minutes.
Cooking time:- 35 minutes.
Per serving: 751kcals, 36g fat, 9.6g saturated fat