What would be bad, would be eating too much of a certain food, and having to go to hospital because of it. Like, you ate so many jacket potatoes that you had to be admitted to A&E, like, you know, Brian Harvey; or maybe even worse, you ate so many Flaming Hot Cheetos that you had to call an ambulance. That would be embarassing and a serious blow to your potential credibility as a rapper.
Well, this is exactly what happened to Lil Xan, a face-tattooed Soundcloud rapper who you may recognise as having once gone out with Miley Cyrus’ sister, Noah (even though many believed it to be a fake romance). The other day, he was minding his own business, business which mainly included eating loads of loads of Flaming Hot Cheetos, when suddenly he started puking up blood, and had to be rushed to hospital.
His fans were obviously distraught as he updated his Instagram story from the ambulance:
Had he been shot? Had a drug overdose? Nope, don’t worry, he just ate too many crisps. He’s gone to hospital because he’s had too many spicy crisps.
Once he was discharged from the Snack Ward, he got home and updated his followers on the situation, saying:
“I just want to let everybody know that I was in the hospital, not due to any drugs but I guess I ate too many hot Cheetos and it ripped… something in my stomach open a little bit and I puked a little blood. So we good.”
But this is not the first time someone has been admitted to hospital because of hot food - back in July, a teenager in Tennessee had to have her gallbladder removed because she ate four bumper bags of spicy snacks a week. Dr. Cary Gavender, a gastroenterologist with Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, said:
“We do see tons of gastritis and ulcer-related stuff due to [hot chips].
“Around 100 kids a month, easily.”
So just be careful next Sunday when you’re lying prone on that living room sofa of yours, Netflix on the telly, big orange hand dipped into a gigantic bag of Flaming Hot Monster Munch - you might think “you’re living your best life”, but you might soon be “dying your worst death”. Just some spicy food for thought.