According to a recent study that sent researchers gallivanting around the capital to observe the interactions of local people, the happiest areas to live in London are Fulham and Parsons Green.
The researchers indulged in a yearlong people watching exercise (which sounds incredibly creepy), looking out for instances of frowning, talking about someone behind their back, barging past people and other ‘micro-interactions’ to build a map of London’s happiest postcodes.
The final results of which are below – how did your postcode do?
The 5 Happiest Postcodes In London
1. SW6 – Fulham, Parson's Green
2. SE19 – Upper Norwood, Crystal Palace, Norwood New Town
3. SE21 – Dulwich Village, West Dulwich
4. SW13 – Barnes, Castelnau
5. SE22 – East Dulwich
The 5 Least Happy Postcodes In London
1. SW17 – Tooting
2. E1 – Aldgate, Whitechapel, Mile End
3. SW8 – Nine Elms, Vauxhall, South Lambeth
4. WC1 – Bloomsbury, Gray’s Inn
5. SE17 – Walworth, Elephant and Castle
Check out the full interactive guide to London happiness here.