If you’ve got a few spare minutes today then we’ve got the perfect little distraction for you.
Google has now released its Arts & Culture app in the UK, and it comes with a very cool feature that lets you find your art doppelgänger based on paintings in museums and galleries all around the world.
The app uses machine learning, a form of artificial intelligence, to find your match. In this case, the app’s algorithm recognises points on the selfie, such as eye, nose and mouth shape, skin and hair colour, and rifles through thousands of images to seek an adequate match, according to iNews.
We gave it a whirl on some of the most famous faces in the world right now:
1. Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
2. Jeremy Corbyn
3. Donald Trump
Want great free content like this sent to you daily?
Get exclusive shortlists, celebrity interviews and the best deals on the products you care about, straight to your inbox.
Other features on the app include:
- Virtual Reality: Grab your Google Cardboard viewer and immerse yourself in arts and culture
- Browse by time and colour: Explore artworks by filtering them by colour or time period
- Virtual tours: Step inside the most famous museums in the world and visit iconic landmarks
- Nearby: Find museums and cultural events around you
- Art Recognizer: Learn more about artworks by pointing your device camera at them, even when offline (at select museums)
(Images: Getty / Google)