It’s the oldest playground argument in football: who is the best player in the world?
And any resolution and agreement on this topic is usually then swiftly followed by another argument: who gets to be said player in the playground game.
Luckily, as a Leyton Orient fan, I never needed to get involved in such scuffles, as I was perfectly happy being Super Carl Griffiths, banging them in at a rate of around one goal per term. Hey, it’s not special if you score every day, is it?
And there’s some new fuel to add to the ‘best player’ argument now that the top 10-rated players in the upcoming new version of perennial classic FIFA have been leaked on social media.
You’ve read enough words now – here’s what you came for.
*Cue Top Of The Pops chart countdown music*
10. Toni Kroos (Real Madrid/Germany)
9. Gonzalo Higuaín (Juventus/Argentina)
8. Eden Hazard (Chelsea/Belgium)
7. Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid/Spain)
6. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich/Poland)
5. Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich/Germany)
4. Luis Suárez (Barcelona/Uruguay)
3. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain/Brazil)
2. Lionel Messi (Barcelona/Argentina)
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid/Portugal)
Carl Griffiths cruelly overlooked again it seems.
FIFA anoraks were already comparing how these scores had changed from last year’s version, with one Reddit user compiling this handy list:
Let the playground arguments commence in earnest.
(Main image: Rex)