Some Hemingway facts with which to verify his coolness:
- Ernest once took a urinal from his favourite bar and moved it into his own home, arguing that he had “pissed away” so much of his money into the urinal that he owned it.
- He has his own burger recipe. It's right here.
- After World War II, he was accused of War Crimes by Geneva surrounding an event where Ernest lead a group of French Militia against the Nazis. He was not convicted.
- In 1938 he established a world record by catching seven marlin in one day.
- There is no shortage of six-toed cats in Key West, because his six-toed cat was something of a player.
- During his life, Hemingway survived exposure to anthrax, malaria, skin cancer, and pneumonia. He lived through diabetes, two plane crashes, a ruptured kidney, hepatitis, a ruptured spleen, a fractured skull and a crushed vertebra.
- He won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1954.