Student newspapers, eh? Without a doubt, and there are no exceptions to this: shit. Lots of silly haircuts with ideas above their station, writing about absolute nonsense and designing everything like they’re having some sort of childhood early-onset meltdown.
However, sometimes (and I know I said ‘no exceptions’) they have the capacity to bring unbridled joy into our lives. As they have done today, with the discovery of a treasure chest of campaign ads from a unnamed student newspaper, that are unadulterated genius. I am in love with these posters. I love them so much I want to marry them.
There is so much to love:
1. The boy who has stolen a bottle of Fanta but is still queuing up for it
2. A lad talking about the dangers of drinking whilst drinking
3. The fact he also has a can in the other hand
4. “were gonna get u”
5. Every single thing happening on that peculiar sports day
6. The oven is not on, therefore it is not a ‘hot oven!!!’
7. Actually I don’t think I like anything about that last one
Of course, there’s always the distinct possibility that these aren’t real - they seem too good to be true, if you ask me - but the fact remains: they are great.
If they are real, then, sheesh. Using Photoshop is so easy - I can knock out quality work in a matter of minutes, there’s absolutely no excuse:
(Main image: Getty, other images: Twitter/@prayforpatrick)