Due to the warped nature of Western World's social structure, once you hit a certain level of power, wealth and influence, you're given yet more power, wealth and influence for free.
Take the goodie bags set to be handed out to entertainment elite attending this month's Academy Awards. The likes of Leonardo DeCaprio and Cate Blanchett will receive a stash of pressies worth a staggering $200,000 - just for turning up.
Here's what the A-listers can expect to receive:
- 10-day, first-class trip to Israel ($55,000/£38,180)
- Year’s worth of unlimited Audi car rentals from Silvercar ($45,000/£31,240)
- 15-day walking tour of Japan ($45,000/£31,240)
- Lifetime supply of skin creams from Lizora ($31,200/£21,690)
- Fit Club TV ‘Ultimate Fitness Package’ in a private villa ($6,250/£4,340)
- Ultherapy - a laser skin-tightening procedure ($5,530/£3,840)
- A ‘vampire’ breast lift which basically sees a woman's own blood injected into her breasts to enlarge them without surgery ($1,900/£1,320)
- Three private training sessions with ‘celebrity wellness expert’ Jay Cardiello ($1,400/£970)
- Haze Dual V3 Vaporizer ($249.99/£174)
- Arouser sex toy, which offers "gentle suction and simulation" (females attendees only) ($200/£139)
When we were kids, you were happy if a party bag contained a bouncy ball and a slice of cake.