(Our Top 10 at Ten - this is pretty self-explanatory, right?)
It's one of the year's best games, but how to get the most of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood? Our experts (well, one man with a guide book and a lot of spare time) reveal their best tips.
1. Many of the Achievements and Trophies are story based and can’t be missed if you just persevere. But some you can play the entire game without unlocking, even though they’re simple to do. Dust To Dust is one such Achievement. As Demond, simply climb on top of your villa base and walk into the glowing object. Ping! 20 points or a Bronze trophy.
2. Want another 10 achievement points? Find a well and toss some money into it. That’s it. And they’re not in short supply around Rome.
3. It’s not all hidden blades and throwing knives. Sometimes brooms can be just as effective. You can swipe one from someone sweeping the streets just by bumping into them, then head off to find a victim. Another 10 points in the bag.
4. As soon as you’ve completed a memory, use the replay function to start it again. That straight-forward action is enough for 20 more points.
5. An even easier Demond achievement than Dust To Dust is called Mailer Daemon. Simply go to the free glowing monitor and you can check Desmond’s email, snagging 20 more points in the process.
6. If combat’s tough, Ezio’s usually quick enough to run away. The exception to this is if there’s an Agile in the group of guards. Speedily enough to chase you down, the best way to outrun them is by throwing money on the floor so civilians crowd round and block their path.
7. Brutes are the toughest foes you’ll encounter, especially as they don’t fall for most Counter Kills. That is unless you’ve picked up a long weapon wielded by the Seekers. It’s also advised that you get to higher ground and pepper them with projectiles as they can’t climb.
8. If you’re trying to get the Achievement/Trophy where an entire sequence is fully synched, then No3 is the one to so it in, as it only has four memories.
9. Execution streaks are new to Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood and can be used to take down multiple enemies in quick succession. As you kill your first victim, highlight the next with the movement stick and tap the Weapon Hand Button (RT+X or R1 + □). Repeat and this way you can combo your way through a big group in no time.
10. If you’ve just got the game it might seem like a long way away, but here’s some hints on how to defeat Cesare Borgia in the climatic battle. First up, he’s susceptible to kicks, and you can use this to land three-hit combos. Also, try to use a medium rather than a heavy weapon. That way you can shoot him at the end of each combo.