We’re a fickle bunch, us online daters. So jaded to the entire concept of picking and choosing our dates as we please, we’re pretty picky these days, right/left/right swiping as if our lives depend on it.
What with our preoccupation with how other people’s profiles look, however, sometimes we fail to pay the same amount of attention to our own. And according to dating app Badoo, certain things may actually be preventing us from meeting that special someone.
54% of women, for example, say they’d swipe left to a man who has a picture of himself with another woman on their profile, while others pointed to group photos, shirtless pics and gym pictures as particular turn offs.
29% of women and 21% of men would swipe right for a profile pic featuring an animal. 30% of women said they’d swipe right to someone posing in the countryside – so it’s time to get your wellies out.
If you’re worried about some of the items on the list (which you can see in full below ) no need to worry – because some daters’ left swipe was another person’s right.
Some people loved beards (18% saying they’d swipe right); some hated them (22%). Some hated tattoos (19%); others thought they were bloomin’ great (18%).
Moral of the story? Be yourself – chances are someone will swipe right to you. So romantic!
Women swipe right for
- A profile picture in the countryside - 30 per cent
- A profile picture with a dog in it - 29 per cent
- A profile picture displaying tattoos - 18 per cent
- A man with a beard - 18 per cent
- A profile picture showing a car - 7 per cent
- A photo of a man with an attractive woman - 2 per cent
- A profile picture taken in the gym - 8 per cent
Women swipe left for
- A photo of a man with an attractive woman - 54 per cent
- Group photos that make it difficult to decipher whose profile it is - 49 per cent
- Shirtless photos - 47 per cent
- A profile picture taking in the gym - 37 per cent
- A mirror selfie - 32 per cent
- A profile picture showing a car - 29 per cent
- A man with a beard - 22 per cent
- A man posing with safari animals - 19 per cent
- A profile picture displaying tattoos - 19 per cent