Tom Hardy and Venom are done.
Not in like a breaking-up sense - they were never dating, one of them is fictional - but in a filmmaking one. Hardy is officially wrapped on Venom, the movie outing of the Spider-Man-adjacent antiheroic alien symbiote thingie.
“Wrapped life back Bye ?” he announced in an Instagram post, too busy being a big handsome millionaire movie star to use full stops or anything.
The Venom production team have managed to keep a lot of details under wraps. In fact, here’s what nobody is quite sure of:
- Will Tom Holland’s Spider-Man have a cameo? DUNNO
- Will they explicitly set up either the Silver & Black or Morbius The Living Vampire spin-offs? NO IDEA
- Who’s playing Carnage? NOT QUITE SURE
- Are they doing the She-Venom thing? PROBABLY NOT
- What exactly is Venom going to look like? NOT A SCOOBY
- Who is Woody Harrelson playing? WELL HE’D BE REALLY GOOD AS CARNAGE BUT POSSIBLY NOT CARNAGE
One of the people who knows the answers is Tom Hardy, who, after wrapping (and barely posting in Instagram for the last month) had a lovely day playing with motorbikes.
IT’S ALRIGHT FOR YOU, HARDY, YOU KNOW EVERYTHING.