Flummoxed? The reasons behind the answers shall be revealed.
Sequence quiz answers…
1. 1000 - The next number is made by cubing where it is in the pattern
2. Effort – Following the double a in aardvark; the double b in abbey; the double c in accept etc…
3. Blue – This completes the list of colour-themed characters in Reservoir Dogs.
4. 47 – They are prime numbers.
5. Stamford – Was where Girls Aloud’s Nicola Roberts was born, completing the list of each member’s place of birth. Sarah Harding (Ascot); Kimberly Walsh (Bradford); Nadine Coyle (Derry); Cheryl Tweedy (Newcastle).
6. 1,706 – To reach this number you need to multiply each number in the list by four and add two. IE 1x4+2=6; 6x4+2=26; etc…
7. Zeta – This is the next letter in the Greek alphabet.
8. Paraguay – Like Argentina, Chile, the Falkland Islands and Guyana it is located in South America.
Pictures: Getty Images