Come on now Martin, we're not falling for this one. You're gonna have to start trying a little harder.
Official world's most hated man Martin Shkreli, seemingly annoyed at being out of the spotlight for more than five minutes, has put in an offer via Twitter to buy Kanye West's new album The Life of Pablo for $10m. It's a bizarre echo of his purchase of Wu-Tang Clan's one-of-a-kind Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, which he bought for $2m.
Surprisingly, Kanye doesn't seem to have responded to the proposal, as yet:
A few issues with this plan, if we may, Martin:
- $10m is almost certainly not really a great deal of money for Kanye West
- The album has already been premiered - at the typically understated Yeezy Season 3 presentation at Madison Square Garden at New York Fashion Week - which was simultaneously broadcast around the globe
- The album's already leaked
- Martin is currently on bail after being arrested by the FBI on charges of securities fraud, after which he resigned as CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals, so we're not entirely sure you can afford it mate
- We'd probably sort out the beef with Ghostface Killah first before taking on any new projects
As ever, the man himself - who sunk to notoriety after hiking the price of an Aids-treating drug made by his company from $13.50 to $750 per pill overnight (an incredible 5,556 per cent increase) - still seems confident that everything will turn out fine:
We'd just download it from iTunes like everyone else if we were you Martin, it'll be a lot cheaper and easier.