"Doo doo doo be-doo doo, boop"
With Super Mario Bros. turning the grand old age of 30, the internet has turned into one big love letter to Nintendo's most famous siblings.
To indulge in some super nostalgia, head to the following sites and get clicking.
- Head to the search giant's main page and type in "Super Mario Bros" (or pump it into your main URL bar if you're using Chrome).
- Notice that a small, glowing question mark box has appeared in the right hand 'detailed search' box.
- With your volume cranked up, get clicking it - and be sure to get past 100.
- Head to the US homepage of Microsoft.com
- Enter the Konami code into the search bar (up arrow, up arrow, down arrow, down arrow, left arrow, right arrow, left arrow, right arrow, B, A)
- An arcade coin slot will appear in the main page, along with three coins and a ninja cat riding a dinosaur (see above)
- Drag the coins into the coin slot, and enjoy (sure, it's more a celebration of 8-bit day, but it's all retro gaming goodness)
Wii U Nintendo Store
- Boot up your Wii U and head to the Nintendo Store
- Crank up the volume and enjoy the full theme tunes from a variety of Mario games