FACEBOOK LIVE COMPETITION - THE MECHANIC
1. The Facebook Live competition will open on Facebook at 1600 GMT on 23/08/2017 and will close at 17:00 GMT on 23/08/2017.
2. To enter the competition, the user MUST write their answer to the question presented in the video by the host (on-screen presenter).
3. The host (on-screen presenter) will discuss the question and some of the answers in the comment box before selecting a winning answer that the host (on-screen presenter) deems the funniest or most interesting.
4. The host (on-screen presenter) will then be drawn an envelope which will contain a code. One of these codes will open the safe, declaring a winner.
5. In order to post a legit entry, the user MUST write their answer to the questions as a comment in the comment box on the live video. The comment MUST be posted within the timeframe stated above. Please note that edited comments will not qualify for entry.
6. Entrants must be aged 18 or over and proof of ID may be necessary.
7. There will be one winner.
8. How to claim their prize: The winners name will be announced in-video upon opening of the safe. The winner will then be contacted directly on Facebook in order to initiate dialogue. They will be provided with a member of staff's email address to contact and confirm further details.
9. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry by each entrant. The competition will be hosted on the official ShortList Magazine Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/ShortListMagazine.
The competition prize is £100 worth of cinema vouchers.
The prize provider as Studiocanal.
The winner will be contacted via Facebook direct messenger and will have 7 days to respond and claim their prize.
The Prize must be redeemed by the announced winner by 11:59pm on 30/08/2017.
Prizes do not need to be claimed on the day that the activity takes place, the winner must claim before 11:59pm on 30/08/2017 only. If the winner does not claim the prize before 11:59pm on the expiry date of 30/08/2017, no compensation will be offered.
The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. Prizes are not transferrable. Shortlist Media Ltd reserves the right to revoke this offer at any time. The prize is at the discretion of ShortList Magazine social media judge panel and have right to refuse to fulfil the prize at their discretion for any reason.
No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only. Employees of ShortList Media and the partner prize provider, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties in any way involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
Each entrant also confirms that anyone depicted in an entry has given their permission for the inclusion of their image in the entry and the use of the entry including their image by the entrant and the Promoter.
You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this Promotion is submitted to the Promoter and not Instagram and you agree that Instagram shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this Promotion. The prize is provided by Shortlist.com and Byron, not Instagram. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram.
Proof of entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt of entry.
If we run a competition or offer with a promoter where that promoter is responsible for the provision of the offer or prizes then Shortlist Media Ltd will not be responsible for or have any liability for the provision of those offers or prizes.
Shortlist Media Ltd and any associated promoters, bear no responsibility for any entry which is incorrectly submitted, lost, damaged, incomplete or received after the closing date.
We reserve in all cases the right to replace the stated prizes with other prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. We offer no cash alternative for non-cash prizes, and prize winners must accept prizes in the form offered. Prizes are not refundable or transferable.
The winner may be required to sign a statement proving their eligibility/liability.
Detail of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a SAE marked with the name of the competition to Shortlist Media Ltd, 26-34 Emerald Street, London WC1N 3QA, United Kingdom within 21 days of the closing date of the promotion.
All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them, and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise which may include their name or image being used on websites, magazines or mobile services at any time as a result of the competition.
We reserve the right to disqualify or not award a prize to an entrant who in our opinion has not entered in to the spirit of these terms and conditions or the intention of the competition.
The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The promoter of any of our competitions reserves the right to exchange all of part of the prize to that of equal or greater value.
If you do not wish to receive details of future related offers from Shortlist and selected third parties please inform us along with your name and address in writing to: Shortlist Media Ltd, 26-34 Emerald Street, London, WC1N 3QA or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.