Apple isn't used to coming in as 'runner-up'. It's even more unfamiliar with 'Fifth Place' territory.
Yet that's where it currently sits in China's hugely competitive smartphone market.
A new report from Counterpoint Research suggests that iPhones only made up 10.8 per cent of devices sold in May - a drop from 12 per cent this time last year.
These are the brands and their champion handsets that China would rather buy...
Xiaomi Mi 5
- Vivid 5.15-inch 1080p display
- 16MP rear camera that doesn't stick out of the case
- Available with an incredibly cool ceramic case
UK price: Around £330
- Fast charging - five minutes of charge gives two hours of talk time
- 4GB of RAM with microSD card for up to 128GB of storage
- Impressive camera stablising skills
UK price: £299
- Dual SIM capacity
- 5.2-inch HD display
- Rear fingerprint scanner
UK price: Around £320
- Dual lens camera, captures images with more light and greater depth
- 5.2-inch FHD display
- More camera features than you can shake a lens at
UK price: £439