Don’t rely on the British summer for a tan – do it yourself with one of these effective products
TOP TIPS FOR EVEN SELF- TANNING
- Do a patch test 24 hours before tanning to see the intensity of the product and to detect any allergies to DHA or other sugar derivative properties.
- Exfoliate beforehand as rough patches will take the product differently, making it look uneven.
- Apply a body lotion to dry areas to soften skin beforehand, to achieve a more even tan.
- Apply the product in layers to build up the colour – it is possible to go darker but not lighter.
- Apply before bed so you can leave it eight hours before washing it off.
- Don’t wear white for at least 24 hours after application/rinsing.
Self Tan Dark Spray £26 for 200ml by ST TROPEZ; 020-7845 6330
Self Tan Mousse Medium – California Sun £25.50 for 150ml by UTAN; ultimo.co.uk