After 26 years at the helm of Manchester United, amassing a trophy chest of 13 league titles, five FA Cups, five League Cups and two Champions League crowns, Sir Alex Ferguson, 71, has rocked the world of football by announcing his retirement.
As statisticians race to assemble lists of Ferguson’s greatest achievements (number of pieces of chewing gum swallowed, total hours of Fergie time played) and pundits spill oceans of ink in pondering over the abdicated king’s successor, ShortList has compiled the greatest possible testament to (arguably) the finest manager to have paced the technical area: pay your respects to Sir Al by donning his unique, high quality style. Refined over years of chasing the title, we can't guarantee you'll be able to pull it off with his legendary charm.
1. Grey jacket; ACNE; £600; selfridges.com
2. Black fleece; PETER STORM Men's Carrick Fleece; £25; blacks.co.uk
3. Rimless glasses; Ray-Ban; £196; e2eopticians.com
4. Chewing gum. Available from all good newsagents
5. Grey trousers; £30; Topman.com
(Image: Rex Features)
To style your own wardrobe after the great Sir Alex, head to our ShortList shop.