If a well-tied tie is the first serious step in life, then well-fitting tailoring is the next. This year in menswear, the mod and teddy boy looks are making a comeback and check is pretty much everywhere.
Essentially, if you’re wearing ankle grazers, you’re a style blazer. Here are some of the best suits to buy this season.
1. Zara Flecked Suit
Teamed with a crew cut jumper, you’ll epitomize smart casual without having to wear tweed.
2. Ted Baker REGBEAJ checked wool suit
Grey was the colour of the season at the A/W 2015 shows, and this wool number will take you all the way through winter. Pair with brogue boots and you’ve nailed ‘suited and booted'.
3. Tom Ford 60s inspirED A/W 2015 COLLECTION
Your dad wouldn’t be seen dead in it, but you’ll slay the formalwear competition at your next PowerPoint Presentation.
4. Gieves & Hawkes A/W 2015 COLLECTION
The Savile Row tailors have fully embraces 50 shades of grey. The only contrasts you need are subtle.
5. Alexander McQueen Jacquard Jacket and Kickback trousers
A bold floral pattern and six buttons, it’s a combo Alex Turner would wet himself over.
6. Burton Check Skinny fit suit
Don a wool or knitted tie to bring this up to the times, and less Douglas Reynholm from The IT Crowd.
7. Paul Smith Petrol Blue Wool and Mohair Blend soho suit
Shake up a classic cut with petrol blue instead of navy.
8. Gant Rugger midnight blue corduroy blazer
Comfortable yet classy, add a pop of colour with a pocket square.
9. Topman brown check skinny fit suit
On trend? Check.
10. Asos Homme Tartan Suit
If Robbie Burns were a trendsetter today, this would have been his choice of suit.
11. Tiger of Sweden Jil Suit
Dark green pinstripes and a slim lapels make for an understated statement piece. Don’t fear the white socks, embrace them as long as they’re brighter than Simon Cowell's smile.
12. REISS herbie suit
Nod to the check trend with this subtle pattern and slim ankle grazers.
13. Topman bomber and jogger co-ord
Who said a suit must only consist of a blazer and trousers? Sure, this is taking the sport luxe trend to another level, but at least you’ll look good doing it.
14. River island navy check skinny fit blazer
Coordinate with navy rolled up cords to smarten up you casual style.
15. Asos skinny suit in green
Don’t bottle it, go for a bold colour.
16. TOM FORD 80S INSPIRED A/W 2015 COLLECTION
Bring back the 80s and ditch the shirts, opt for a polo neck and matching scarf instead. And obligatory sunglasses.
17. Burberry Prorsum single breasted linen blazer
Linen needn’t be something you associate with try-hard beach weddings, a woven linen blazer with wool trousers can take you through the seasons.
18. H&M linen blend jacket
Teamed with a printed shirt and slim fit chinos, you’ll be able to transition this look from office to evening easily.
19. Boglioli Prince of Wales K-Jacket
Sometimes all you need is an angled breast pocket.
20. SuitSupply Havana Blue Plain
In case you hadn’t gathered already, checks are in. No need to go the full hog with an entire suit of the stuff, a waistcoat can act as an accent.