Jersualem. An absolute tune, and also home of the lyric “England’s green and pleasant land”, which by the looks of these stunning views, is an understatement.
Because ‘pleasant’ isn’t quite enough to do justice to these breathtaking vistas, all located in good old Blighty.
To mark the forthcoming launch of their Galaxy S8 smartphone, Samsung has revealed the results of a study to discover the 20 greatest British views, with over 2,500 people polled for their favourites (with photographer Matthew Cattell taking three of the snaps below on said phone).
Frankly, any one of these would have been a worthy winner, so feast your eyes on the below and remind yourself how lucky you are to live on this Sceptred Isle.
20. Kings College – view from the River Cam, Cambridge, England
19. Bournemouth pier and beach, Hampshire, England
18. Seven Sisters, Sussex, England
17. Bamburgh Castle – view from the coast, Bamburgh, Northumberland, England
16. Spires of Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
15. Durdle Door, Dorset, England
14. Brecon Beacons – view from the summit, Wales
13. Peak District – view from Stanage Edge, Derbyshire, England
12. Edinburgh from Arthur’s Seat, Scotland
11. Ben Nevis, Lochaber, Scotland
10. Loch Lomond – view from Conic Hill, Dunbartonshire, Scotland
9. Giant’s Causeway, County Antrim, Northern Ireland
8. Parliament and Big Ben - view from Westminster Bridge, London, England