While we do like to be adventurous when it comes to food (ever try white Maltesers?) there's something irresistibly comforting about predictable meals.
Unless some idiot has decided to include raisins, you're usually in for a safe ride with an apple pie. While the smell, taste and even greasy sickness that follows fish and chips will stir up countless chippy-based memories.
Which brings us to the fry-up, as important to this country as the monarchy or slightly off-white teeth. Taking a look at these pictures, you'd probably be able to guess exactly how this one would taste. But you'd be wrong.
Tricksy food-meddler Vicky McDonald used sweet stuff to replicate a breakfast, giving the impression of a standard fry-up. In fact, the meal consists of the following:
- Baked beans = white chocolate biscuit with orange and strawberry coulis
- Black pudding = chocolate biscuit cake
- Hash browns = brioche jam sandwich
- Bacon = brandy snaps
- Fried egg =panna cotta and lemon curd
- Sausage = caramelized peanut butter sponge
Now we're confused but hungry.
You can see more of her work here.