Instant Improver

Good News: September’s Tube Strikes Have Been Cancelled

You can put away those walking boots and stop fretting about a Boris Bike commute: the planned Tube strikes for 8 and 10 September have been cancelled. 

The Rail, Maritime and Transport union had been set to walk out for two days over disputes about pay and conditions for the proposed Night Tube service. 

As talks continue between the London Underground and workers unions, the launch of the Night Tube has been pushed back from its proposed start date of 12 September.

An RMT spokesman said: "As the implementation of night Tube has been suspended until we reach agreement and we are continuing discussions and negotiations on all related matters, RMT has suspended the strike action called for September 8 and 10.

"However we remain in dispute and all industrial action called to not co-operate with night Tube at local level including modelling and trials remains in place.

"If further negotiations prove negative then further industrial action will be called in defence of our agreements and for proper pay for our members."

Steve Griffiths, chief operating officer for London Underground, said: "Talks continue this week as we seek the long-term resolution of the dispute."

We'll bring you word on when the new start date for the Night Tube is agreed, or (more likely) any dates for next set of proposed strikes.