M Night Shyamalan’s new project, Wayward Pines, is the weirdest TV show you’ll see all year. Here’s what you need to know...
1. It’s set in a fictional Idaho town
Following a car wreck, he wakes up in hospital missing his belongings, his memory and fending off a needle-wielding nurse.
2. The longer he stays, the weirder things get
Cricket noises come from speakers, phone lines are dead and there’s a body decomposing down the road. This small town, filled with creepy inhabitants, is
hiding some big secrets. “I haven’t told them yet,” Shyamalan laughs, when asked how real-life Idahoans have taken to being called oddballs. “[In reality] it’s much quieter. We have such colourful people in our show, but they’re acting bizarre for a reason.”
3. We weren’t joking about Twin Peaks
4. This is Shyamalan’s first stab at small screen
5. Directing TV isn’t a walk in the park
Wayward Pines starts on 14 May, 9pm on Fox