Look at this cherubic individual.
“Not tough enough to play alongside Adams and Keown”, they said when he joined Arsenal from Boca Juniors in 1998 at the age of 26.
He played 69 games for the Gunners, 40 of them from the bench, so the naysayers were proved right – he left the club in 2001 having failed to establish himself in the team.
But fast forward 16 years and Nelson Vivas, the manager, is a very different beast indeed.
Witness this incredible reaction to being sent from the touchline during a game between his side Estudiantes and Argentinian rivals Boca Juniors:
There are so many things to admire about this.
- The fact that this outpouring of rage happens in just the 27th minute of the match.
- The Incredible Hulk-style ripping open of the shirt
- The punching of thin air, followed by a full-throttled leg kick
- The fact that the shirt gets stuck around his wrists slightly too long – must have had a barrel cuff, a rookie mistake
- The unexpected full covering of back tattoos
- The final flourish as the second and final arm of the shirt is removed
Oh to have been a fly on the wall of that dressing room when Nelson got in there. Forget the Fergie hairdyer, this would have been next level.
Gunners fans, you want a manager with passion? Look no further than Nelson. He’s all grown up and he’s coming for you Arsene.