Blurring the design lines between camera and smartphone (very on-trend this year), the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX200V is a deceptively smart piece of photo-snapping kit (currently only available to pre-order in the US). Because if you’re wondering where Sony has hidden the lens and the 5x optical zoom you’ll have to look inside its body, behind that plate of polished glass. You know, the one you’re drooling all over…
- The credit card-sized DSC-TX200V preserves its sleek profile by eschewing buttons. Instead, a 3.3in display on the rear controls its panoply of modes.
- The ultra-HD 18.2-megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor captures up to 10 frames a second.
- A blisteringly fast autofocus locks on to subjects in 0.13 seconds.
- Despite its plate-glass front, this pocket camera is billed as being ‘up for an adventure’ as it’s waterproof to five metres and dustproof. Just don’t drop it too far…
- Sony’s Bionz processor means you can snap away in low light with low noise.
£315 (due TBC); store.sony.com