Last week at the Qatar Motor Show, W Motors unveiled the Lykan HyperSport: the most ludicrously luxurious vehicle ever constructed. Only seven are being made, and each includes a special-edition Cyrus Klepcys timepiece worth $200k. It’s available in September. Start saving.
- The LED headlights are diamond-encrusted. Obviously. However, if diamonds aren’t your cup of tea, you can request rubies, emeralds or another precious stone of your choice.
- The ID4 Motion dashboard features tactile interaction and a 3D virtual holographic display. It might even hold your latte for you, if you ask nicely.
- The car’s frame is carbon fibre through and through. Except for the gold-plated hood, that is.
- Activate the reverse door-opening system and you’ll be greeted by the sight of gold-stitched leather seats and platinum-coated interiors.
- The HyperSport’s mid-mounted twin-turbo flat-six engine produces 750hp and 737lb-ft of torque, enabling a top speed of 245mph. That’s 65mph faster than the take-off speed of a commercial jet plane.