If you're going to charge a five-figure sum for a meal then you need to make sure it's well and truly worth it.
Le Castagne, an Italian restaurant in Philadelphia, is hoping they might have made their $26,000 (£16,207) offering luxurious enough to warrant the mammoth cost.
Firstly, there are nine courses. Secondly, there's a heavy smattering of rare truffles used as ingredients. Thirdly,you get a one-day cookery class as well. Oh and finally, you get an $11,000 (£6,855) limited edition Panerai watch.
Tempted? Well apparently only one foodie has tried it thus far. A rather rich one.
If you're interested, the full menu is below:
- puree of pumpkin soup, faro almonds, pumpkin oil and white truffles
- milanese style egg, truffle bread crumb, spinach, roasted cherry tomatoes, truffle vinaigrette and humboldt fog goat cheese
- beef tartare with marinated pioppini mushrooms, shaved parmesan cheese, quail egg, and white truffle ricotta mousse
- tagliatelle con tartufi bianchi pasta with parmesan cheese sauce and white shaved truffle
- veal rack, roasted baby potatoes, turnips, bacon, parmesan and shaved white truffle
- roasted quail stuffed with house made sausage, potato, guanciale and finished with black truffle demi-glace
- creamy polenta, wild mushrooms, pancetta and shaved white truffles
- fillet of dover sole stuffed with scallop, shrimp mousse and black truffle beurre blanc
- chocolate lava cake with truffle ricotta gelato and honey
[via Food Beast]