If the above headline does not excite you, then we're not sure we can be friends any more.
A week ago, we ran an intriguing story detailing a Polish law firm that had been contacted by two men claiming to have discovered a train full of gold bullion, which had disappeared at the end of World War Two, with the pair requesting 10 per cent of the loot in exchange for revealing its whereabouts.
It was treated with some scepticism at the time, but now an extraordinary press conference held today in Poland has revealed that the claim actually seems to be true.
Here are the key points, with all the cool words in bold:
- The Polish Culture Ministry said that one of the people who took part in hiding the train made a deathbed confession about its location
- Piotr Zuchowski, Poland's head of national heritage, said that "I'm certain the train exists"
- The evidence for this claim comes from photographs taken using ground-penetrating radar
- According to Radio Wroclaw, the train has been found along a four kilometre stretch of track along the Wroclaw-Walbrzych line, towards the Walbrzych end
- Some people have already speculated that it could be below Książ Castle (pictured above) in Wałbrzych. Yup, that's right, underneath a fucking castle.
- The train is 100 metres long and is "protected". Piotr Zuchowski, head of conservation at the culture ministry said, "The fact that it is armoured indicates it has a special cargo."
- Previously Zuchowski has warned people not to search for it as it may be booby-trapped or mined
- Zuchowski added, "We do not know what is inside the train. Probably military equipment but also possibly jewellery, works of art and archive documents."
- Legend has it that the train set off in the final days of World War II from Wroclaw, before disappearing just before its scheduled destination of Walbrzych
- There has still been nothing revealed about the identities of the two men who originally came forward
Absolutely amazing. Seriously, give Indiana Jones a call and round-up The Goonies because we gots Booby Trapped Nazi Ghost Castle Gold to find!