25g unsalted butter; 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped; 450g potatoes, cooked and mashed; 350g leftover cooked British turkey thigh, chopped; 300g cooked cabbage or spinach, chopped; salt and freshly milled black pepper; 3 tbsp olive oil; dry breadcrumbs; 2 tbsp flour; 1 egg lightly beaten; vegetable oil for cooking; 4 lightly poached eggs; Jar of hollandaise sauce; 1 bag of watercress; 150g French beans, cooked
1. Heat the butter in a frying pan and cook the onions for 2-3 minutes, until slightly soft and translucent.
2. Place the mashed potatoes, cooked onions, turkey, cabbage and salt and pepper into a bowl and mix well.
3. Add the olive oil and a few dry breadcrumbs to form a firm but not stiff mixture.
Form the mixture into 4 balls, flatten on both sides to make thick cakes, and dust with flour. Brush the cakes all over with egg and coat with more breadcrumbs.
4. Heat a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil in a frying pan and cook the cakes on both sides for 3 minutes until golden brown.
5. Place a little watercress on a warm plate, top with a cake, and a poached egg on top. Serve with French beans and hollandaise sauce.
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Per serving: 458 kcals, 12.4g fat
One last way to brighten up that leftover turkey