Our exclusive ‘Realise Your Potential’ reader event, in partnership with American Express and The School of Life and co-hosted by chef Lorraine Pascale, was so popular that it has now sold out.
However, The School of Life class practitioner John-Paul Flintoff and author of How To Change The World has provided some top tips for those looking for inspiration and advice about how to realise their potential.
How to Realise your Potential
1. Think beyond your job title. You’re capable of much more than what it happens to say on your business cards.
2. Spend time imagining your ideal life and then try to make this a reality. What do you want to do? Who do you want to be? Who do you want to be with? Make a list of the dreams you once had but set aside and of things you used to do but have since given up.
3. Experiment. It is unlikely you will find your passion straight away but if you don’t try, you won’t know. Try your hand at various new pastimes until you find the one that satisfies you the most.
4. Find the balance that allows you to fit your passion into a functional life. When you introduce something new to your life, something else has to give. Consider how this will affect all aspects of your life: we want these to be in dynamic alignment, rather than in competition.
5. Allow yourself the support of others. Your family and friends can help you to realise your potential, it doesn’t have to be done in silo. More often than not, witnessing your journey will interest others as much as it interests you and will hopefully inspire them to do the same.
For more information about The School of Life’s classes visit Theschooloflife.com
Lorraine Pascale is working with American Express to celebrate and inspire those who are pursuing their passions and realising their potential. For more information visit Amex.co.uk/potential or follow @AmexUK on Twitter or American Express UK on Facebook.