Nine lessons from Lily for more harmonious relationships
1. Be honourable.
2. Be courageous.
3. Be honest. Honesty is the best policy. Men are guilty of wanting to be perceived as being something that they can’t always be and so they’ll go to extra lengths to try to protect their own visions of themselves. I just like it when people are straight up. It’s less exhausting to deal with.
4. The occasional treat is nice.
5. A man shouldn’t underestimate the power of opening a door for a woman. I think men are equal to women but men have a physical presence.
6. Be more helpful. And when you’ve performed everyday sh*t around the house don’t go on about it like you’ve saved a life.
7. Don’t underestimate good old romance. Women want to be treated well and made to feel special. But not patronised. That’s key.
8. Tell your girlfriend you love her as much as you possibly can.
9. I like that when my husband gets up in the morning he spends about 12 seconds looking in the mirror then leaves. I’m not into men who are vain, or even wearing aftershave. It gives me shivers. Men should be men. Go out, earn some money, come back and look after my children.
(Image: Jay Brooks @ Shoot Group)