While the weather isn't fully decided on what season we're currently in, the fact is, it's summer and we should all start eating appropriately. This means no more chunky soups and stews and much more fresh fish.
As you're all totally aware, it's National Ceviche Day on June 28th and to celebrate, we have a recipe to get you in the mood for the warmer weather. It comes from restaurateur and author Martin Morales, who owns the excellent Peruvian restuarnt Andina, located in Shoreditch.
Give it a go.
Andina Ceviche - serves 4
For the tigers milk
Fresh root ginger
1 clove of garlic, chopped
4 sprigs of coriander, roughly chopped
Juice of 8 limes
½ tsp salt
2 tsp chilli paste (shop bought is fine)
For the ceviche
600g sea bass (or another meaty white fish), filleted and cut into small cubes
1 large ripe avocado, cut into small cubes
1 large red onion, very thinly sliced
12 goldenberries, cut into quarters
A few coriander leaves, finely chopped
1 sweet potato, peeled, cooked and cut into small cubes
To make the tigers milk
1. Put a 5mm piece of fresh root ginger (cut in half), the chopped garlic, coriander and lime juice into a bowl. Stir together and leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
2. Strain the mixture through a sieve into another bowl.
3. Add the sea salt and chilli paste and mix.
To make the ceviche
1. Add the chopped onions and fish to the Tiger’s Milk and mix together.
2. Add the goldenberries, sweet potato cubes, avocado and coriander leaves.
3. Leave to marinade for 10mins and season with sea salt to taste. Serve
Both Ceviche and Andina restaurants will offer special ‘Ceviche Trio’ dishes on National Ceviche Day on Saturday 28th June www.andinalondon.com