Upon reading the title you'd be forgiven for thinking that we're suggesting you make a crustacean attempt some minor gymnastics.
Thankfully (or depending on how you view it), we're not. Rather we're telling you how to make one of the best sushi dishes we've had the fortune of putting in our mouths.
The Mr Chang Prawn Roll from Gilgamesh is a mix of sushi with tempora, with the main ingredients being prawns and rice. We also spoke to the chefs at the Camden restaurant on how to create the dish at home. We insist you do exactly that, we might have to have words if you don't.
Mr Chang Prawn Roll
• 300g short grain Japanese rice (washed)
• 280ml water
• Rice vinegar
• 4 king prawns
• Flour (enough to coat the prawns)
• Tempura batter mixture
• Nori (Seaweed Sheet)
• Iceberg lettuce (shredded)
• Bamboo mat
• Sweet soy glaze
• Spicy mayonnaise (Mayonnaise mixed with chilli powder and garlic - blend to taste)
• Take the 300g of washed rice and steam with 280ml of water until cooked. Add rice vinegar and leave stand for five minutes.
• Peel and de-head 4 king prawns. Pierce five small holes along the side of the prawn and massage them gently – This will help keep the prawns straight when cooking.
• Dust the prawns in flour and coat them in the prepared tempura batter mix and fry in hot oil until golden brown – remove the prawns from the oil and set aside.
• Flick droplets of the tempura batter mix into the hot oil to make crunchy breadcrumb like pieces – remove and set aside.
• Take the Nori (seaweed sheet) and spread the rice across evenly – flip the sheet onto a roll-able bamboo mat so the nori is facing up.
• Add shredded iceberg lettuce length-ways along the nori and lay down the prawns on top.
• Add spicy mayonnaise, to taste.
• Use the bamboo mat to roll the sushi making sure it is tight so the rice keeps together.
• Roll the sushi evenly through the fried tempura batter crumbs and slice into six equal pieces.
• Add spicy mayonnaise over the sushi pieces and then drizzle a sweet soy glaze on top.
(This dish can be garnished with ginger and wasabi if desired)
The Unlimited Sushi Menu runs all day every Thursday. For £30 per person (£15 for children), diners can order from the menu as many times as they wish. Terms and conditions apply. Gilgamesh, Camden Stables Market, Chalk Farm Road, NW1 8AH. 020 7482 5757 www.gilgameshbar.com or follow @GilgameshBar on twitter.